I wanted to be a nihilist
but I care to much for you
Then I wanted to be an atheist
but I know it's God that's helped me through
And I wanted to be a revolutionary
but I like my current place
So I wanted to be an iconoclast
but there's nothing I want to break
Next I wanted to be an existentialist
but Satre was a womanizer, and I'm a feminist
Therefore I wanted to be a communist
but Che ordered firing squads and labor camps to quell Cuban dissent
One last try at being an idealist
But tomorrow I have to wake up, find a job, pay the rent
So you'll see me on the street
but don't feel bad for me as I pass by
Just another
blue suit,
blue pants,
black tie,
Just your average, everyday, suburban white guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment